[ros-users] call for testing: camera1394 in C-turtle

Andrew Harris andrew.unit at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 02:06:16 UTC 2010

Hi -

   So after some more tinkering, the problems I have been having with
my Point Grey Chameleon on the beagleboard xm don't have anything to
do with the camera.  The problems seem to be the beagleboard xm and
it's USB interface.  I am getting messages like:

"[11646.000000] usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71"

   which I thought were due to the camera, but I have plugged in
another device and I get the same messages.  It seems like keyboards
and mice and other simple things work fine, but "more complex" things
for some value of complex seem not to work on the beagleboard xm.

   The problem is somewhat intermittent -- I've got at least two
bagfiles that show camera1394 working OK on the beagleboard xm with
the Point Grey Chameleon doing IIDC over USB.  But I am certainly not
going to use this set up for an autonomous robot at this point!

regards,
-andrew