[ros-users] how to begin studying slam only base on vision information?

Jolin Jia pplin86 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 14:57:44 UTC 2010

Hi,
     I am a newer to learn localization and building a map with the camera
information on the pioneer 3 robot. First, I want to learn *amcl*  package
and I want to realize the algorithm in the simulator robot such as PR2 robot
in the simulation environment. That's to say, If I want to make the PR2
robot moving in the simulation environment, meanwhile, I can test the
localization algorithm in the simulation robot, so I may know what should I
do to make the localization algorithm effective. So which procedures should
I do? And if there are some good advice, I will well appreciate. Thanks in
advance.

jolin
TJ University