[ros-users] Non-simple action server?

Vijay Pradeep vpradeep at willowgarage.com
Mon Oct 11 17:33:46 UTC 2010

Hi Tommy,

The ActionServer is in fact a good choice for what you're trying to do.
However, I don't believe we have any tutorials that show its usage.  You can
find a [hopefully not too complex] example here:
https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/stacks/pr2_common_actions/trunk/pr2_tilt_laser_interface/src/snapshotter_action.cpp

If anyone else has example code that might better portray the ActionServer
usage, don't feel shy to mention it.

Vijay

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Tommy Persson <tommy.persson at liu.se> wrote:

> Are there any tutorials for using ActionServer out there? Or some
> example code? I have problem defining the callbacks.
>
> The reason I could not use the Simple Action Server is because I do not
> want a new goal to pre-empt a running goal. I want the new goal to be
> refused. pre-emption should be done by a special request. And the
> ActionServer class seemed suitable to solve this problem.
>
> /Tommy Persson
> Linköping University
> Sweden

Vijay Pradeep