[ros-users] Is the Gazebo simulation GPU bound?

Steven Martin steven.martin at qut.edu.au
Tue Oct 12 07:19:32 UTC 2010

I haven't worked with Gazebo for a while now I have been using Openrave. Gazebo should run in approximately real time although this greatly depends on the complexity of the world.

As far as I know ODE does not use any GPU acceleration. (It has been a while since I looked at the source code) So the only load on the GPU is from visualisation.

I would suggest running Gazebo headless and using rviz for visualisation if this is suitable.

Steven Martin
steven.martin at qut.edu.au

PhD Student
Queensland University of Technology