[ros-users] ros compilation error - missing ros_experimental dependency

dfried dfried at email.arizona.edu
Thu Sep 2 16:49:43 UTC 2010

Hello all,
I've been trying to compile the ua-ros-pkg version of cturtle
(http://code.google.com/p/ua-ros-pkg/wiki/DeveloperInstall) and I get the
following error message when running make-all.sh:

[ rosmake ] Generating Install Script using rosdep then executing. This may
take a minute, you will be prompted for permissions. . .
[rosstack] couldn't find dependency [ros_experimental] of
[openrave_planning]
[rosstack] missing dependency
[ rosmake ] rosdep install failed: Cannot location installation of stack
audio. ROS_ROOT[/home/daniel/ros/ros]
ROS_PACKAGE_PATH[/home/daniel/ros/jsk-ros-pkg:/home/daniel/ros/bosch-ros-pkg:/home/daniel/ros/ros-pkg-unreleased:/home/daniel/ros/foote-ros-pkg:/home/daniel/ros/ua-ros-pkg:/home/daniel/ros/ros-experimental-trunk:/home/daniel/ros/stacks:/home/daniel/ros/ua-cs665-ros-pkg:/home/daniel/ros/wg-ros-pkg-unreleased]

This happens after I've run rosinstall with the proper rosconfig file from
the ua-ros-pkg.
(http://ua-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/config/cturtle.rosconfig)

I'm new to ros, can I solve this problem using rosdep? How do I get the
missing dependent packages?

Thanks,
Daniel Fried