[ros-users] Test rosjava

Moritz Tenorth tenorth at cs.tum.edu
Sun Apr 24 11:48:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 04/24/2011 09:04 AM, Juan Antonio Breña Moral wrote:
> Yesterday I was reading the URL about rosjava,
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosjava
>
> because I wanted to create a node in java for ros and I was navigation
> in ros's file system. [...]
> But I would like to know in what folder it is necessary to download:
First, such questions are usually better asked at answers.ros.org, where
they are archived and can be searched by others.

To answer your question: You can check out the stack wherever you want
and just need to make sure that the client_rosjava stack is in your
ROS_PACKAGE_PATH. You maybe should have a look at the following
tutorials that explain how ROS locates packages:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Tutorials/NavigatingTheFilesystem
http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Tutorials/CreatingPackage
http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosinstall

best regards,
Moritz

Dipl.-Ing. Moritz Tenorth      | tenorth at cs.tum.edu
Technische Universität München | Karlstr. 45
80333 München                  | Germany
ias.cs.tum.edu/people/tenorth  | Tel: +49 89 289-26912