[ros-users] python_orocos_kdl eigen2 dependency

Wim Meeussen meeussen at willowgarage.com
Mon Aug 15 22:02:26 UTC 2011

William,

> The python_orocos_kdl package have these lines in it's CMakeLists.txt:
>> include(${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake/FindEigen2.cmake)
>> include_directories(${EIGEN2_INCLUDE_DIR})
> It does not, however, have a rosdep entry in its manifest for eigen 2 or 3.
>  Does this actually need eigen2 or can we safely update this to use eigen3,

The python_orocos_kdl package is a Python wrapper around the
orocos_kdl package, and should not need Eigen.  I believe those lines
in the CMakeList.txt should get removed.  You can file a ticket on
http://orocos.org/kdl.

The orocos_kdl package (which ships with Electric) needs Eigen3, and
does not work with Eigen2. The kdl pacakge (which ships with
Diamondback) only works with Eigen2.

Hope this helps,

Wim

Wim Meeussen