[ros-users] ROS Community Metrics Report

Ingo Lütkebohle iluetkeb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 07:52:20 UTC 2011

Hi Brian,

awesome :-) I particularly found the engagement stats to be quite
impressive, that's really showing how the community is involved. For
the future, I'd like to suggest that showing how the page-edits are
spread across users, and how big the edits are would make it even more
interesting. Also, the number and size of code-checkins are one
obvious addition that would be great to see.

btw, I'm not familiar with Google Analytics so I don't how much its
giving you that wasn't shown, but we found Piwik to be a very nice
tool, particularly because of the exit statistics, and the goal
tracking. With the latter, one can define "goal pages",
differentiating them from index pages such as /wiki/. Check out
http://piwik.org/docs/tracking-goals-web-analytics/ and
http://demo.piwik.org/ Its more geared towards a site-improvement look
than pure statistics, but does both very well.

keep up the good work :-)

cheers, Ingo