[ros-users] Developers workflow in ROS repositories

Lorenz Mösenlechner moesenle at in.tum.de
Mon Aug 29 16:25:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

normally, people develop in trunk and whenever the code is ready, a
release is done.

Normally, related packages are packed together into stacks. When a
release is done, the stack's version number is increased and the
current dev-branch (trunk in most cases) is tagged. For instance, when
the new version 1.3 of stack foo is released, the tag tags/foo-1.3 is
created. In addition, a branchs named according to the ros distro
names the release is done against is created,
e.g. branches/diamondback.

For more information on releasing, have a look at

http://www.ros.org/wiki/release

Lorenz