[ros-users] [Ros-developers] ROS messages outside ROS nodes

Troy Straszheim straszheim at willowgarage.com
Tue Dec 6 01:46:37 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Trevor Jay <tjay at cs.brown.edu> wrote:

> Very interesting. You mentioned re-factoring the build system and I
> noticed you're including the Pose headers and ROS serializer directly.
> Is the idea that you'll support other messages by processing the .msg
> files much as mainline ROS does?

I'm not sure I follow your question.  Behind this demo is a lot of
refactoring, much of which does involve message generation, all of which
involves reducing dependencies and increasing modularity and the
"standardness" of what we do (i.e. FHS-compatible filesystem layouts,
proper install targets, out of source builds, reduced dependencies on
environment variables...).   If you can give me an example case, hopefull I
can give a better answer.

-t