[ros-users] Merlin miabotPRO ROS robot driver announcement

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Feb 9 02:40:09 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Mark Norman <
marknorman at merlinsystemscorp.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am pleased to announce the development of a ROS package for the Merlin
> miabotPRO mobile robot platform. I have created a git repository for the
> code here:
>
> https://MerlinSystemsCorp@github.com/MerlinSystemsCorp/ROSMiabotDriver.git
>
> There is some initial documentation here:
>
> http://www.merlinsystemscorp.co.uk/miabotPro
>
> and, ROS specific here:
>
> http://www.merlinsystemscorp.co.uk/miabotProros
>
> The initial ROS wiki entry here:
>
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/Repositories
>
> The package has been tested as running and building in ROS/cturtle on
> Ubunutu. I could use some pointers on:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for announcing your repository.  It's great to see new hardware using
ROS.

> * What else do I need to do to make installation work well for other users

If you're interested in assembling higher level capabilities, you may wish
to look at these pages as a guide:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/Robots/NXT
http://www.ros.org/wiki/Robots/PR2
http://www.ros.org/wiki/Robots/Care-O-bot

> * How do I get a ROS wiki page to enhance the documentation

Your repository is now in our indexer, so you can now create
package/stack/repository pages for your code, e.g.:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROSMiabotDriver

cheers,
Ken