[ros-users] Camera input to EKF

Steven Bellens steven.bellens at mech.kuleuven.be
Sun Feb 13 09:50:30 UTC 2011

Hey Abhy,

2011/2/13 abhy <abhy.12354 at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> How can i give camera pose_estimation with cov. to EKF launch file. (with
> robot_pose_ekf package)
> My odom frame is /odom (Encoder estimation) and /map is for global frame. I
> am using AMCL in stack.

I'm assuming you're trying to use the camera_pose_estimation stack.
The ar_pose_ekf package will run every time you publish a new message
(from the same or a different camera) on the ar_pose node. You have to
make sure the message contains a valid measurement uncertainty though,
something that is currently not calculated in ar_pose.
For testing, we added uncertainty to the message in the ar_pose code
assuming uncertainty evolves linearly with the object - camera
distance (but this is not based on any observations).
As you fill in the covariance matrix, make sure not to make it
singular, as the EKF filter will try to invert it.

regards,

Steven