[ros-users] 'rviz' received an X Window System error

hitesh dhiman hitesh.dhiman.1988 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:24:28 UTC 2011

Hi Stefan,
I upgraded the graphics driver and xorg.
After a reboot, rviz is working, and gives that error occasionally, a 50/50
chance as you said.
Still, any idea why this error occurs? Some pointers on the cause of the
problem might be helpful for troubleshooting in future.

Thanks!

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Stefan Kohlbrecher <
stefan.kohlbrecher at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does it happen everytime or occasionally on startup? I know at least
> one computer with a Intel graphics card where starting rviz has about
> a 50/50 chance (or a bit worse) of successfully starting rviz without
> the "Bad Drawable" error. (cturtle, Ubuntu 10.10 32 bit IIRC). When
> startup worked though, rviz is usable on that machine.
>
> regards,
> Stefan
>
> 2011/2/21 hitesh dhiman <hitesh.dhiman.1988 at gmail.com>:
> > Hi all,
> > I'm running ROS CTurtle on Arch Linux.
> > I'm having trouble running rviz. The graphics card config is as follows:
> > 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile
> > GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2a02] (rev 0c).
> > To check OpenGL support, i tried GlxGears, it works at about 60 fps.
> > However, when i run rviz, i get the following error:
> >
> > [ INFO] [1298304143.204334812]: Loading general config from
> > [/home/hitesh/.rviz/config]
> > [ INFO] [1298304143.204945577]: Loading display config from
> > [/home/hitesh/.rviz/display_config]
> > The program 'rviz' received an X Window System error.
> > This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> > The error was 'GLXBadDrawable'.
> >   (Details: serial 16 error_code 171 request_code 154 minor_code 5)
> >   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
> >    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
> >    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
> >    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
> >    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> function.)
> >
> > The rviz splash pic appears and then disappears.
> > Is this a bug in rviz or something wrong with Ogre? Any help would be
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > Regards,