[ros-users] roscreate permissions issue

Adam Leeper aleeper at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 24 00:14:31 UTC 2011

All-

I've edited the "Creating a ROS package" tutorial to correct what I see as a
very common mistake that people make. Kevin is not the first person to ask
about this. The tutorial previously assumed the existence of a
~/ros_tutorials directory without ever telling the user to create one, then
issued vague instructions about fixing your ROS_PACKAGE_PATH if it didn't
work.

I hope the new flow makes it more clear for non-experts. Let's remember that
not all robotics folks are Linux experts, and I can relate to the
frustration of starting out on a new platform.

--Adam

Adam Leeper
Stanford University
aleeper at stanford.edu