[ros-users] libboost problems again.

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Sun Jul 3 23:27:17 UTC 2011

Hi Alan,

All those development environments are known to work with computers running
ROS.  They shouldn't be a problem.

Specifically what are the red boxes in synaptic?  How long have they been
there?  Do you rememver There shouldn't be any on a standard system.

And can you do  "sudo apt-get install ros-diamondback-ros" and post the
output?

Also, we're transitioning troubleshooting questions to answers.ros.org.  It
has better accessibility for other people with the same issues to find the
answers to their problems.  If you could follow up there that would be
great.

Tully

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 6:51 AM, anfederman at comcast
<anfederman at comcast.net>wrote:

> **
> I am trying to upgrade from cturtle to diamond back -  and I am getting
> libboost dependency errors.  I checked my ros-latest.list and the version of
> Unbuntu is correct (maverick main)  I am running on a amd64 architecture.
>
> Looking at the synaptic package manager there is a lot of blank and red
> boxes by the libboost section.  Trying to do a apt-get on flavors of
> libboost doesn't seem to do the trick.  I installed under lucid, upgraded to
> maverick, and cturtle roscore appears to run,  but I also have added
> eclipse, the Google adk and the Arduino ide to the system, an one of which
> might of broken something.
>
> Tryin a partial upgrade of maverick next to see if it fixes anything.
>

> Thanks to Mike Ferguson and Adam who helped me with getting ros-serial to
> almost work Wednesday.
>
> Alan N. Federman, PhD
> http://federman.best.vwh.net
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/alan1federman