[ros-users] Announcing rosserial

Adam Stambler adasta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 23:12:12 UTC 2011

Hi

As the author of avr_bridge, I am happy it has served you well!  I have been
working with Mike on rosserial and can say it should be even better for your
purposes.  There is now time synchronization, float support, Arduino IDE
support,  and a far more robust protocol.  I am no longer going to be
supporting avr_bridge as a result. It is an easy transition to rosserial
though.

You are right about the trigonometry on the avr being a bit much.  We are
expecting folks to use it only when they publish at a slow rate on the AVR.
However, there is no reason why you couldn't run rosserial on Maple (an ARM
based arduino) and do all the trig you need for TF.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions or problems with rosserial, let us know.

Cheers,
Adam