[ros-users] Progress in rviz on OSX

Nicholas Butko nbutko at ucsd.edu
Mon Mar 7 02:05:09 UTC 2011

On Mar 5, 2011, at 2:35 PM, Paul Vernaza wrote:

> It seems I've gotten exactly as far as you have--segfault after the
> splash screen.  I assume you also had to install "py26-wxpython +gtk"
> from MacPorts, as I did.

Yes, this is the version I have installed.

> ether you're getting the same error as I am on launch:
>
> objc[16512]: Class OgreView is implemented in both
> /Users/vernaza/ros/visualization_common/ogre/ogre/lib/Ogre.framework/Versions/1.7.1/Ogre
> and /Users/vernaza/ros/visualization_common/ogre/ogre/lib/RenderSystem_GL.dylib.
> One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

I didn't notice it before, but yes, I am getting this exact same warning.

Both libraries seem to be required, in the rviz will crash with shared-library-not-loaded type errors if either one is removed.

There is also a message about reading general/display configuration from ~/.rviz, which is a folder that doesn't exist. Presumably in this event it gets created after first launch? In which case, it crashes before it gets created.

--Nick