[ros-users] Skeletons

Marcus Liebhardt marcus.liebhardt at pal-robotics.com
Sat Mar 26 22:27:20 UTC 2011

Hi there!

That indeed looks like a tree to me.
I would be interested in the use cases you have in mind for these skeleton
messages.
What information would you like to gather in those messages?
Poses of the tracked frames, interconnections of each frame, also distances
between the connected frames?

I don't have deep knowledge about the processing of the KInect or the
openni_tracker. I'm currently just using the transforms. But I think there
are simplifications made for some frames, which could be useful to take into
account. For example, I think the neck is always half way between the left
and right shoulder, and the head is always on top of it. Things like that
might be interesting as well to keep in the message, so that one can easily
reproduce the previously mentioned skeleton - if that is one of the use
cases.

Best regards,

:-) Marcus