[ros-users] REP 3: Target Platforms updates for Fuerte and Groovy

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Mon Nov 7 09:17:45 UTC 2011

2011/11/7 Stéphane Magnenat <stephane at magnenat.net>:
> Hello,
>
> What is the plan w.r.t. C++11? Now that the standard is out, and that a
> large part of features are available in recent g++ releases, we will see
> many upstream libraries going for it. As upstream developer, it is clearly
> always a question of whether to adopt such a recent standard, but given the
> huge speed-up in development it brings in some cases, I have decided to go
> for using features that are at least in gcc 4.4.

The topic wasn't brought up during the Thirdparty SIG meeting.  The
approximation of that topic is that Lucid is the current lower
watermark (gcc 4.4) for integration in Fuerte and Groovy will move to
Oneiric (gcc 4.6).

GCC C++ 11 status (still 'experimental'): http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx0x.html

It's always possible to reconvene the SIG to discuss C++ 11 more
specifically; I'm coordinator but I do not pretend to be knowledgeable
in that issue.

 - Ken