[ros-users] request for help: mirroring and better wiki exporting

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Sat Nov 19 20:14:48 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Ken Tossell <ktossell at umd.edu> wrote:
> The archives all specify that users other than the owner and those in
> the owning group should not have any permissions on the files, so the
> web server, which runs as a different user, can't access anything.
> Unfortunately I don't see any way to make tar ignore the permission
> flags, so a really long chmod -R a+rX is needed.

Looks like an artifact of the way that the Moin export tool works. I
added two lines to the dump script, before the exported wiki content
gets tarred up:
  find $export_dir/roswiki/ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
  find $export_dir/roswiki/ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
That ought to remove the need to chmod it at your end.

The new weekly export (with this change) is running now; should be
ready in a couple of hours.

	brian.