[ros-users] patch + packages for ccny_vision on natty

Bill Morris bill at iheartengineering.com
Sat Oct 8 18:14:14 UTC 2011

Looking at the SED code
$ roscd artoolkit
$ sed -i 's,#include <linux/videodev.h>,#include <libv4l1-videodev.h>,g' ./build/artoolkit/include/AR/sys/videoLinuxV4L.h
$ sed -i 's,#include <linux/videodev.h>,#include <libv4l1-videodev.h>,g' ./build/artoolkit/lib/SRC/VideoLinuxV4L/video.c

It is clear that this patch will break previous version.

You need something like ifdefs

#ifdef LIBV4L1
  #include <libv4l1-videodev.h>
#else
  #include <linux/videodev.h>
#endif

I built the previous patched artoolkit.
You need to be added to the thirdparty group on code.ros.org
https://code.ros.org/svn/release/download/thirdparty