[ros-users] Announcing a zero-configuration stack

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 09:15:22 UTC 2011

Hi all,

We would like to announce a new stack:

https://github.com/snorridj/zeroconf-ros-pkg

It is intended to be a building block that can be used to conveniently
provide c++/java/ros api for handling zero-configuration services in a ros
framework.

Right now it has a fairly complete linux avahi implementation and some
testing code for java/android, but we'd like to also include bonjour and
embedded implementations for completeness. Before going any further though,
there are various open design issues that would ideally be best served by
gathering interested parties to seek a consensus. Once the wiki pages are up
with some info so people can do some browsing/testing, we'll invite people
for an official api review to help refine the development process.

Stay tuned!

Regards,
Daniel Stonier (Yujin Robot)