[ros-users] Announcing usc-clmc-ros-pkg

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Wed Apr 4 21:21:19 UTC 2012

Hi Mrinal,

Thanks for the announcement.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Mrinal Kalakrishnan <kalakris at usc.edu>wrote:

> Hello ros-users,
>
> We've had this repository around for a while, but it wasn't indexed
> because I never made an announcement here. So, here it is:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/usc_clmc/usc-clmc-ros-pkg
>
> These packages are from Stefan Schaal's CLMC lab at the University of
> Southern California. It currently includes stacks/packages for the
> following:
>
> * Dynamic Movement Primitives
> * STOMP motion planning
> * PI^2: path integral reinforcement learning
> * Xenomai-compatible version of rosrt
> * Generic inverse kinematics with constraints
> * Various other random utility packages
>
> Many of these packages also exist in the Willow repositories, but the
> ones here are usually newer. Disclaimer: we tend to run a little
> behind on upgrading packages to newer ROS releases. Please email the
> package maintainer if you have trouble getting something to work.
>
> This bitbucket repository is a read-only hg mirror of the actual git
> repository where we develop code
> (https://github.com/usc-clmc/usc-clmc-ros-pkg). The mirror exists so
> that we can continue to use git and still be able to have all our
> stacks in a single repository. Please let me know if there's a better
> way to deal with this.

I'm not sure I understand the difference between the two repositories.  If
you have multiple repositories you can send me a url to a publicly
accessable rosinstall file which I can add to the index.  Or I can just add
the single url.  For now I'll add the github url since that's where you're
developing.

Also if we have duplication between the wg repos and your repos which are
actively developed.  Let us know and we can take down the old copies.

Tully

> Thanks,
> Mrinal

Tully Foote