[ros-users] Announcing usc-clmc-ros-pkg

Mrinal Kalakrishnan kalakris at usc.edu
Wed Apr 4 22:06:43 UTC 2012

Hi Tully,

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Tully Foote <tfoote at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand the difference between the two repositories.  If
> you have multiple repositories you can send me a url to a publicly
> accessable rosinstall file which I can add to the index.  Or I can just add
> the single url.  For now I'll add the github url since that's where you're
> developing.

I was under the impression that when using git, rosinstall requires
one stack per git repository, and that hg didn't have this limitation.
Since it's currently easier for us to manage all our stacks in a
single repo, we figured it'd be best to provide an hg mirror so that
each stack is individually rosinstall-able (I'm not even sure that
this works though).

> Also if we have duplication between the wg repos and your repos which are
> actively developed.  Let us know and we can take down the old copies.

The duplicates are in old directories that are probably not even
relevant any more, eg:
https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/branches/trunk_cturtle/stacks/policy_learning/
. But what we'd like is for the wiki page for each package/stack to
point to the new repository. I don't know how you handle such package
duplication in the indexing process.

Thanks,
Mrinal