[ros-users] Enterprise Version of ROS

Edwards, Shaun M. sedwards at swri.org
Fri Apr 20 03:10:22 UTC 2012

+1

Sent from my mobile phone

On Apr 19, 2012, at 6:19 PM, "Kartik Babu" <kartik.babu at gmail.com<mailto:kartik.babu at gmail.com>> wrote:

So, given that there isn't an Enterprise ROS group (yet), can I ask for a show of hands for those that are interested in starting the discussion while at ROSCON? I'm keen on looking into where/how we can get started on some of the tasks discussed in this thread.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Ken Conley <kwc at willowgarage.com<mailto:kwc at willowgarage.com>> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com<mailto:jack.oquin at gmail.com>> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Edwards, Shaun M. <sedwards at swri.org<mailto:sedwards at swri.org>> wrote:
>> Is there already a SIG that would consider this topic or do we need to form a new one?  Is there a set time for SIG meetings at ROSCON?
>
> The only named SIGs I know about were ad-hoc groups created to do
> planning for Fuerte. In my view, it was a good idea that worked pretty
> well.
>
>  http://www.ros.org/wiki/fuerte/Planning

SIGs will be renewed for Groovy fairly soon.  'Renewing' will ensure
that we only track active SIGs and that there is opportunity to
reorganize as releases evolve.

> In addition, there are informal groups working on specific project
> areas, such as Ackermann steering or embedded ROS.
>
>  http://www.ros.org/wiki/Ackermann%20Group
>  http://www.ros.org/news/2010/10/embedded-project-for-ros-eros.html
>
> I know of no comprehensive list of such activities.
>
> I doubt there is any group working on Enterprise ROS already, but
> there is enough interest here to form one.
>
> The ROScon site mentions space available for Birds-of-a-Feather
> meetings, hacking, and information presentations.

+1

 - Ken