[ros-users] ros industrial - who is using ros

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Mon Mar 19 15:23:01 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Raz <raziebe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working for a  company that make robots that create assembly
> lines for solar cells, lithium ion batteries and other small
> industrial robots.
> I am a Linux system programmer by profession. and I want to push ROS.
> I find ROS
> well maintained open source software ( I have been around.. )
> During my time in this company i learned that changes are hard to come
> by, much more than
> software companies.
> I need to show that the MARKET is moving to ROS.
> this is why I am looking for NAMES.

hi Raz,

Compared to research users, commercial users of ROS tend to be less
forthcoming about their plans and status, which in many cases is
understandable.

For one perspective, have a look at the "robot portals" page:
  http://ros.org/wiki/Robots
Some of those portals are maintained by the manufacturers of the
robots, which means that the companies involved are spending time and
money supporting ROS on their platforms.

You can also note the sponsor list for ROSCon:
  http://roscon.ros.org/?page_id=72
Sponsorship of ROSCon is not necessarily an indication that the
sponsoring company is using ROS (though some certainly are), but it
suggests interest.

	brian.