[ros-users] Roll out of new rosdistro today - expect service interruptions

Dirk Thomas dthomas at osrfoundation.org
Mon Apr 22 16:15:56 UTC 2013

Today I will start rolling out the new rosdistro files and implementation (REP 137).
This will include the following actions:

* freeze current state of rosdistro files https://github.com/ros/rosdistro
   * please do not send further pull requests since they can not be applied to the new format anyway
* stop running the build farm, prerelease and rosinstall generator website
* verify that the generated new rosdistro files are consistent and complete
* replace the old rosdistro files with the new ones
* release all affected tools (buildfarm, jenkins_scripts, jenkins_tools, prerelease_website, rosinstall_gen, rosdep, roslocate)
* deploy them to the servers
* restart and check all services one-by-one

During the roll out period I am doing my best to keep disruption of services short.

After the roll out I will send another email with updates.
Users can expect to update at least rosdep and vcstools (since it should be the only tools they are affected by).

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

--

Dirk Thomas
ROS Development Team
dthomas at osrfoundation.org