[ros-users] Ros wiki links missing?

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Tue Feb 5 17:31:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 2:10 AM, Armin Hornung <
HornungA at informatik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

>  On 2013-02-04 20:57, William Woodall wrote:
>
> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 6:08 AM, Claudio Carbone <cla_carbone at tiscali.it>wrote:
>
>>  I'm building fuerte from source on a pandaboard thus need some things in
>> source form.
>> Both
>>
>> http://www.ros.org/wiki/driver_common
>> http://www.ros.org/wiki/turtlesim
>>

>  The sources for both of these are listed in the page.
>

> These are the sources for the Wiki indexer, which can correspond to
> different versions than the release sources (devel version / branch vs. the
> one for release). When building a release from source (or crosscompiling)
> this should really be done from the release sources.

When the Releases macro is fixed  (See below) you'll be able to see the
tags for each release.  However if you want to get the source debs for
catkinized pacakges you can use apt-get source, or you can look into the
git buildpackage style repos listed in the rosdistro:
https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/tree/master/releases With rosbuild
packages still listed at https://code.ros.org/svn/release/trunk/distros/

>> (and possibly others I might guess)
>> when you click on "Releases" point to
>>
>> http://www.ros.org/wiki/ros_tutorials/Releases
>>

>  This looks like it might be a bug in the "Releases" button on that side
> bar, perhaps something that was overlooked in the conversion to the new
> documentation indexer.
>

> Is there a bug tracker for the Wiki indexer where to report these issues?
> I also ran across a few problems:
>
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/humanoid_navigation/Releases
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/octomap_msgs/Releases
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/octomap_ros/Releases

I think that all instances of the StackReleases macro are broken.  You can
ticket that at:
https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/roswiki/issues?sort=created&state=open

> --
> Armin Hornung
> Humanoid Robots Lab, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
> Contact: http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~hornunga

Tully Foote
tfoote at willowgarage.com
(650) 475-2827