[ros-users] Compiling ROS Groovy from source on Ubuntu

Sameer Parekh sameer at falkorsystems.com
Thu Feb 21 17:04:55 UTC 2013

Thanks, Kai. This is actually just straight Ubuntu 12.04.1 running in a Fusion VM. I feel like adding the apt-get stuff to the wiki install from source instructions would work, but wouldn't the right thing be to update the rosdep configurations so that the packages get installed automatically by rosdep? Also removing common_rosdeps -- those should just be removed directly from the packages themselves right? Also I think the symlink issue is because the pcl package is looking for rostoolchain.cmake in the wrong location.. again, the symlink is probably not the 'right' solution.

I'm happy to update the wiki with these directions, but it doesn't feel right to me. I could of course work on figuring out how to fix the issues I mentioned myself, but I'm not particularly qualified to do so just yet.

Yours,
--
Sameer Parekh
Falkor Systems, Inc.