[ros-users] New driver and 3D visualization package for razor_imu_9dof sensor

Tang tang.tiong.yew at monash.edu
Thu Jan 3 04:00:01 UTC 2013

Dear ROS users,

Thanks everybody for feedback. I just contributed a working sensor driver
for Razor IMU 9 DOF sensor board. https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9623,
my razor_imu_9dof package can handle different version of Razor board
hardware which requires different firmware to be uploaded to the board
(Thanks to https://dev.qu.tu-berlin.de/projects/sf-razor
-9dof-ahrs/wiki/Tutorial which its firmware are included in this ROS
package). On top of that, this sensor board is very accurate, responsive
and good for robot. This version of firmware is able to be calibrated and
thus further increase the board accuracy. Best of all, I included a 3D
visualization testing for this package. The message node can be run as
standalone because I had split the visualization and message node into two
different node. Therefore it can run very fast and practical.

The razor IMU board will be used in my (very) new eddiebot project as its
IMU sensor
http://www.ros.org/wiki/eddiebot
http://www.ros.org/wiki/eddiebot_line_follower
http://www.ros.org/wiki/eddiebot_head_tracking