[ros-users] Structuring the Wiki

David Lu!! davidvlu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 20:07:56 UTC 2013

Hey folks,
In deference to this ROSCon talk [1], I'd like to propose a new way of
adding organization to the wiki. Other wikis extensively use the Categories
tool [2][3] to group similar articles, and doing so on ROSWiki would add
another dimension to the wiki's cross-repository structure.

Right now, the Category feature is underused [4]. I've set up an example on
this page [5] using the new CategoryURDF tag [6]

As mentioned in the CategoryTemplate, "To add a page to this category, add
a link to this page on the last line of the page. You can add multiple
categories to a page."

Personally, I'd like to see some added for Navigation purposes with
Categories for
 * All global planners
 * All local planners
 * All move_base configurations [7]

Do people think this is a reasonable direction for the wiki to go?

-David V. Lu!!

[1] http://vimeo.com/67559109
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Robotics_companies
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Fictional_cats