[ros-users] Universal Robot Repo

Edwards, Shaun M. sedwards at swri.org
Wed Mar 13 05:22:15 UTC 2013

All,

With the permission of the original developers, ROS-Industrial has officially taken ownership of the universal robot stack/metapackage.  The new repo can be found here: https://github.com/ros-industrial/universal_robot

We will be doing a groovy release from the existing driver (basically the same as fuerte).  I plan to merge changes we have made at SwRI into the master/trunk.  Some of these are improvements to the driver itself, as well as some arm navigation work.

As with our other packages, the trunk/master will be unstable development for groovy and the branch(released) version will be stable.

As always we are interested in submission and bug fixes from the community.  If anybody is interested in helping develop this stack further, please let me know.

Thank you,

Shaun