[ros-users] How Many Robots use ROS Navigation?

Aswin Thomas aswinthomas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 15:26:42 UTC 2013

Hi David,
Thank you for the effort you put in. Honestly I do not know about your
specific contribution because I do not use the navigation stack.

Robots work in a 3D space or even in 4D(with time constraints). As far as I
know, the stack is not designed with this in mind. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It is not necessary to have all algorithms in place, but having a general
navigation architecture encourages more people to adopt it and contribute
3D algorithms. Consideration for robots models beyond differential drives
are also useful.

Regards
Aswin