[ros-users] Software Engineer position at OSRF

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Wed Sep 25 18:10:25 UTC 2013

The Open Source Robotics Foundation (http://osrfoundation.org) is seeking
applicants for a full-time software engineering position to work on
ROS-related projects.  Details are below and at:
http://osrfoundation.org/jobs/

To apply, send your application materials to: jobs at osrfoundation.org.

We are also seeking applications and recommendations for great interns!

Tully

Software Engineer

Primary Function

We are building a team to develop, improve, and extend the ROS software
platform. ROS is the kernel of a "robotics commons," a shared resource from
which we all benefit and to which we are all welcome to contribute.

Thanks to generous grant funding, we have the opportunity to spend the next
few years making substantial contributions to ROS. Our work will be focused
by the development of a next-generation robotics middleware ("ROS 2.0").
Under that umbrella effort, topics of interest include:

- robot application development with mobile and web clients
- use of ROS in production environments
- multi-robot systems
- cross-platform portability (including embedded systems) and
- code quality and maintainability.

Roles and Responsibilities

Develop Python and C++ tools and libraries.
Develop mobile and web applications.
Full lifecycle application development.
Support, maintain and document software functionality.
Software testing and quality assurance.

Skills / Job Requirements

BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
Compensation commensurate with education and experience.
Several years of software development experience.
Extensive knowledge of C++ and/or Python (ideally both).
Extensive knowledge of Linux environments.
Experience with ROS or other robotics software.
Experience designing and developing user- and developer-friendly
software systems.

Nice to Have’s

Experience with middleware systems.
Experience with real robots.
Experience developing and maintaining open-source software.
Experience developing in Android, Java, Javascript, HTML5, and/or iOS.
Experience developing for embedded systems, Windows and/or OSX.

Application Material

Cover letter
Resume/CV
Downloadable code sample(s)
Two references and/or two letters of recommendation

To Apply

Send your Application Materials and links to any projects you’d like
us to look at to jobs at osrfoundation.org