[ros-users] Turtlebot / Indigo

Zsolt Szabo szabo.zsolt at nik.uni-obuda.hu
Mon Jul 28 11:59:23 UTC 2014

Hey all,

So I was testing Turtlebot2 (Kobuki) under indigo. I managed to make it
work from source, but
http://wiki.ros.org/turtlebot/Tutorials/indigo/Installation should be
changed in a place or two:

1) this command will not execute: wstool init -j5 src
https://raw.github.com/robotics-in-concert/rocon/indigo/rocon.rosinstall

according to this .rosinstall file, rosbridge will be installed from

{'git': {'local-name': 'rosbridge_suite', 'version': 'hydro-devel', 'uri':
'https://github.com/RobotWebTools/rosbridge_suite.git'}}

However, there is no such branch called hydro-devel. It should be
'version': 'develop'

(maybe this is a rocon bug?)

2) the dependencies are wrong somewhere. I have no idea where, but on a
clean ubuntu14.04 install, i had to manually install libspnav0
libspnav0-dev ros-indigio-warehouse-ros , and only then I could build &
test the turtlebot2 properly (roslaunch commands worked: turtlebot_bringup
minimal.launch ; turtlebot_bringup 3dsensor.launch ;
turtlebot_rviz_launchers view_robot.launch ; turtlebot_teleop
keyboard_teleop.launch ).

BTW: does anyone have any estimate on the timeframe when the packaged
turtlebot/kobuki packages would be released?

Yours,
Zsolt