[ros-users] ROS Kong 2014 Preparations

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Wed Jun 4 08:31:10 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

For those of you attending ROS Kong 2014
<https://events.osrfoundation.org/ros-kong-2014/>.  We're looking forward
to seeing you shortly. (If you haven't there's still time to register, or
you can register on-site. )

I would like to point out is that there are two components of our program
that you can get a lot more out of if you come prepared.

The first is we have set aside time for Birds-Of-a-Feather(BOF) sessions.
These are casual gatherings of groups of people who have similar interests.
They're proposed on site and people +1 different topics and the most +1s
are the ones that happen. So when you come to the event consider having
some topics to propose.

In addition to the BOF time we also have Lightning talks. In these talks
you have 3 minutes to present your topic, and you can bring a few pdf
slides as supporting material.  We will gather slides and stitch together
the presentations and have someone timing you to keep you to your 3 minute
slot. This is a great opportunity to quickly pitch your current project or
a project on which you'd like collaborators. Also it's a good time to pitch
a BOF topic to try to recruit more interest. The availability of lightning
talk slots is on a first come first served basis at the event.

See you soon,

Your ROS Kong 2014 Team