[ros-users] Connecting ROS to a software (music) synthesiser?

Raymond Sheh Raymond.Sheh at curtin.edu.au
Tue Nov 11 14:46:43 UTC 2014

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply! Funnily enough I ran into your old project right
when your email came in and was wondering if it might well solve my
problems.

I'm still going through the relevant docs so I'm asking the following
with an incomplete understanding but I was wondering if your thoughts
may help short circuit my thinking a little.

I'm planning on using a chunk of Python to aggregate the ROS messages
I'm interested in and figure out what sounds to play. It's sounding like
Supercollider is the way to go to actually generate the sounds. Would
there be an advantage to keeping things in ROS and using ROSOSC to talk
to Supercollider, versus using Python's OSC interface to talk out to
Supercollider directly?

Cheers!

- Raymond