[ros-users] ROS, opencv4tegra and NVidia Jets on TK1

Walter "Myzhar" Lucetti myzhar at robot-home.it
Thu Feb 12 21:32:08 UTC 2015

Hi all,
it's been a few of days since I'm fighting to let ROS cohabit with
opencv4tegra on NVidia Jetson TK1, but it is an a hard war.

>From what I saw opencv4tegra is fully compatible with standard OpenCV
available in the Ubuntu's repo, but I cannot install a lot of packages
without respecting the dependency on the "original" OpenCV and so removing
opencv4tegra and opencv4tegra-dev.

In this post (
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/779315/embedded-systems/jetson-tk1-opencv-and-ros/)
there are two possible solutions to overcome the issue.
The first, using a dummy package created with "equiv-builds", does not work
anymore with the latest kernel.
The second is really tricky, because you need to download the "deb" of the
ROS package the depends on OpenCV, extract the "deb", modify the "control"
file removing OpenCV dependencies and finally create a new "hacked" package.
I tested it on cv-bridge package and it works... but there are a lot of
packages that rely on OpenCV.

Do you have any other solution to overcome this problem?

Regards
Walter

PS I posted the question also on answer.ros.org (
http://answers.ros.org/question/202643/opencv4tegra-and-ros-howto-jetson-tk1/),
but I received only the second solution as reply

--
Walter Lucetti

email: myzhar at gmail.com
web: www.robot-home.it - www.opencv.it