[ros-users] ROS-Industrial Community meeting agenda

Bordignon, Mirko mirko.bordignon at ipa.fraunhofer.de
Mon Oct 12 09:38:57 UTC 2015

Hi Dave,

Thank you for giving us an update on MoveIt, greatly appreciated!
As you know there is a number of projects on the web to integrate KUKA LWR robots within robotic software frameworks, some are ROS-centered, some are not.
Two ROS(-I) pointers are:

-        For the KUKA LWR 4+: https://github.com/CentroEPiaggio/kuka-lwr , whose authors are actively working with ROS-I developers to merge the driver into ROS-I;

-        For the KUKA LWR 5 (IIWA): a driver developed for an internal project at Fraunhofer IPA which is about to be released as open source and was the subject of a ROSCon lighting talk by its developer, Pablo Quilez. Expected release is by the end of October, and the code will be hosted under https://github.com/ros-industrial

Updates on the status will be posted on this list and on rosindustrial.org/news

Bye!
Mirko