[ros-users] ROS-VRPN Client (compatible Vicon, Optitrack, others) released

Paul Bovbel pbovbel at clearpathrobotics.com
Mon Sep 14 13:11:32 UTC 2015

Hello ros-users,

As part of a summer hack project at Clearpath Robotics, I've released a ROS
package [http://wiki.ros.org/vrpn_client_ros] wrapping the VRPN client
library. This package provides support for exposing information on VRPN
Tracker devices (pose, velocity, acceleration data) into ROS.

We've tested it in house with VICON and OptiTrack mocap systems - please
keep in mind that neither system exposes velocity or acceleration data over
VRPN. Any feedback, bug reports, or validation is greatly appreciated!

A list of VRPN supported devices can be found here [
https://github.com/vrpn/vrpn/wiki/Supported-hardware-devices]

Paul