[ros-users] ROS Live - April 2016

David Lu!! davidvlu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 13:30:32 UTC 2016

Kinetic Komrades!

tl; dr: Meeting is April 19th at 2PM EST / 19:00 GMT [1]. Discuss over
at Discourse [2]. Point your mumble client at 54.183.209.92:64738

One week until the ROS Live Meeting for April! The meeting will be
Tuesday April 19th at 2PM EST / 19:00 GMT [1]. This time is the same
time as the previous call, but it was the highest rated option in the
poll. I'm aware that this is not ideal for all the time zones. My
apologies.

To discuss topics under the heading of Everyday Frustrations for this
meeting, please contribute to the thread on Discourse [2]. The
Discourse forum is more suited to free conversation, since you can
control your notifications. Some people don't like it when you flood
ros-users with messages...not that I would know anything about that.

OSRF will be hosting a Mumble server for the meeting.
Address: 54.183.209.92
Port: 64738
Linux: sudo apt-get install mumble
OSX and Windows: download the binary from the website [3]

As a reminder, you should probably disable "Text to Speech" in mumble,
and change your "Push to Talk" key to something that you won't
accidentally hit. Please use your Github username or real name as your
Mumble username.

We will record the meeting and release it publicly after the meeting.

Looking forward to griping with you.

[1] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=ROS+Live+April&iso=20160419T14&p1=418&ah=1
[2] http://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-live-2016-4-19-agenda/135/1
[3] https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/releases