[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Stanley Robotics is hiring a robotics expert software engineer in Paris, France

Aurélien Cord ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:06:53 UTC 2016

## US
Stanley Robotics (www.stanley-robotics.com) is a highly ambitious robotics start-up launched in January 2015. Set to revolutionise the car-parking world with an **automated valet service**, our robots can move any vehicle. We dont just want to make the experience of car parking better; we want to get rid of it altogether!
Already seeing strong growth with several key accounts (parking operators), Stanley Robotics has raised funds from big name investors and in 2017 will be rolling out several large-scale projects.
## YOUR CHALLENGE
It can be summed up in few words: **MAKE THE ROBOTS DO THE JOB**.
Based on our V3 robot generation, you will make sure our robots get a robust, custom ROS architecture.
With the robot software team, you will help develop a unique **path planning** for non-holonomic robots, taking into account both static and dynamic obstacles. You will set, test and approve trajectory tracking algorithms and do all you can to **improve performance in the robots collaboration** while making sure both robots and infrastructure have maximal security at all times.
**You would like to see yourself controlling one-tonne robots :)**
## YOU
**First and foremost, you have an exceptional mindset.
You are a proven fighter**.  You have the willingness and the energy to go the extra mile even when things get tough. You never give up and youre not scared of being wrong. **Youre an optimist** and communicate easily. You love getting things done quickly just as much as you love technical feats. A team player, you arrive with a smile in the morning and have a **can-do attitude**.

**_Must-haves:_**
**- 15 years of experience in robotics development** (ideally mobile robotics)
**- Expert in C++** and **Python** in **ROS**
- Deep knowledge of **Linux systems and data structures/advanced algorithms**
- Potential to **lead** a team
**- Comfortable in English**

**_Great add-ons:_**
In-depth knowledge of path planning methods and control, computer vision, LIDAR, object tracking, sensor fusion, machine learning,
**In love with robots <3**
## WE OFFER
**Top-notch technological environment**,  GIT, Continuous Integration, Docker, **Open-Source**

To apply, send us a cover letter to [careers at stanley-robotics.com](mailto:careers at stanley-robotics.com)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/stanley-robotics-is-hiring-a-robotics-expert-software-engineer-in-paris-france/1007/1) or reply to this email to respond.