[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [rosjava] Upcoming change on branching strategy

jcerruti ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 18:04:37 UTC 2016

Hi all,

TL;DR: From now on, please try to develop only against the **kinetic** (or **indigo**) branches in the rosjava repositories.

As part of the update to kinetic, in an attempt to reduce confusion and given the currently low amount of updates going into rosjava, we're going to change how we handle branches.
>From now forward, we're only going to keep the release-named branches (**kinetic**, **indigo**, **hydro**, etc.). We're effectively going to stop using **master** and **<release>-devel**.

My goal is to incorporate any changes currently sitting on master or indigo-devel into the current kinetic branch. I will be doing that over the next few days (or weeks) (as always, any help is appreciated).

If you see any issue with this change, please chime in, the earlier the better.

Thanks,
Julian

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/upcoming-change-on-branching-strategy/1009/1) or reply to this email to respond.