[ros-users] Announcing roslaunch graph generator

Brett Ponsler ponsler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 21:29:03 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I thought it would be useful to be able to generate a graph of the tree of
files and nodes used by a particular launch file. After not being able to
find anything capable of doing this, I wrote a quick python script to do
just that and thought I would share it with everyone.

You can find the code at: https://github.com/bponsler/roslaunch_to_dot

It's fairly simple to use, but feel free to message me if you have any
questions, issues, or suggestions for improvements.

Enjoy,

-Brett

Brett Ponsler
Principal Software Engineer, iRobot Corporation
WPI Computer Science BS 2009, MS 2011