[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

John B ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 02:17:49 UTC 2017

Thank for posting the link to be able to keep following your progress...this is really interesting stuff, I'm amazed with what you're doing.

On the latest versions, are you still using the IMU or are you back to dual GPS only?

I picked up a TinkerForge IMU2.0 and it's looking really interesting on the desk.  Haven't had a chance to get it out in the field.   I'm bouncing between using dual GPS antennas for tilt or using single + IMU.  My end goal is to provide some level of a smart signal correction for the GPS and be able to feed that into AgOpenGPS.  What's driving the direction you are going with dual GPS?

My goal for this year is to use a Raspberry PI as the correction box to provide the calculations and transmission of most accurate gps location possible.  Ultimately, I'd like to use the R-Pi + ROS to do more in teh future.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/32) or reply to this email to respond.