[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Release] Is it a good practice to force `RPATH` to be embedded in the installed targets?

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 18:55:08 UTC 2017

[quote="mani, post:4, topic:1335"]
I really liked the env-based method. I've never fully understood how env tag is deprecated but is still referenced in the documentation. Does your method work on Kinetic? I've seen the wrapper script method mentioned by @de-vri-es in other projects. I think I will go with that solution for now. The downside is running any node via rosrun CLI is going to be a hassle for end users.
[/quote]

For setting environment variables you should use the env-loader element of the [roslaunch XML machine tag](http://wiki.ros.org/roslaunch/XML/machine).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/is-it-a-good-practice-to-force-rpath-to-be-embedded-in-the-installed-targets/1335/5) or reply to this email to respond.