[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [general] New Software Release Announcements

Isaac I. Y. Saito ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 15:01:58 UTC 2017

Coincidentally I was updating a ["indexing your package" wiki page](http://wiki.ros.org/rosdistro/Tutorials/Indexing%20Your%20ROS%20Repository%20for%20Documentation%20Generation) where I added a section for encouraging [making an announcement](http://wiki.ros.org/rosdistro/Tutorials/Indexing%20Your%20ROS%20Repository%20for%20Documentation%20Generation#Announce_your_package), as well as a small template. So obviously +1.

On a related note, to discuss improving the ROS' already-amazing infrastructure that has helped us (semi-)automate non-coding tasks, I opened some tickets. Ideas behind is that package indexing and package's wiki page are the keys that help us to find, reach existing packages.

- [bloom to help wiki page generation for packages](https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/bloom/issues/416).
- [Add links in the public sync emails](https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/reprepro-updater/issues/36).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-software-release-announcements/1203/14) or reply to this email to respond.