[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Humanoids SIG

Dave Kotfis ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 15:53:36 UTC 2017

@bmagyar Great! Many humanoids use cascade control schemes that aren't handled (to my knowledge) by ros_control. For hardware interfaces, we may want to initially focus on a couple of widespread core robot platforms for which we can provide ros_control hardware abstraction. There have been a few non-ROS humanoid frameworks that have demonstrated common walking controllers across multiple platforms.

@airballking Can you provide a link to your WBC framework?

@SammyRamone RoboCup, both soccer and rescue leagues, may be a community where we can get the most initial traction. However, we'll need to be careful to make sure our stack supports RoboCup without loss of generality.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/humanoids-sig/1949/5) or reply to this email to respond.