[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Fast RTPS Discovery

William Woodall ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon May 8 23:02:00 UTC 2017

Hi @Adam_Stambler,

We don't currently adjust the discovery settings in Fast-RTPS when using it with ROS 2, but if we see the need to do so we have that capability.

We have done some testing along these lines, but to be honest Fast-RTPS has been improving a lot lately, which is good, but the characteristics have also been changing too. So we intended to "fine tune" the behavior of Fast-RTPS with ROS 2 at some point when things are a bit more stable. We're also waiting on a feature or two more from Fast-RTPS, like piggyback heartbeat messages before tuning the behavior.

Anyways, any recommendations based on your testing (or anyone else's testing) is appreciated.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/fast-rtps-discovery/1777/2) or reply to this email to respond.