[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Why don't we use ROS?

Lennart Nachtigall ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 11:53:44 UTC 2017

I think that is kind of a harsh answer. In general you are right, ROS enables you to do a lot of task faster, but there are also a lot cases where ROS isn't the solution. (A lot of them are mentioned before).
Furthermore a robot consists of many more parts than just software running on a computer that is able to run ros. Especially in combination with low level software parts that are best to be run on microcontrollers ROS has still many deficits (or you don't want the overhead of ROS on a bare metal controller)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/why-dont-we-use-ros/3161/23) or reply to this email to respond.